THE MARK BOURIS SHOW | PUBLISHED: 25 MAY 2016 12PM
Ned Moorfield joins Mark Bouris on his podcast to discuss what it’s like to compete with an 800 pound gorilla (Uber). Mark probes Ned for his insights on marketplace models, creating a point of difference and raising millions in funding from all tiers of investors to fund the growth of his business.
Tuesday 24 May, 2016
To get you prepared, we’ve put together a brief guide to help you look like a seasoned craft beer enthusiast, even if you can’t tell the difference between beer and cider.
When you’re walking around the festival, spout these words to make yourself sound like a well-rounded beer festival hopper.
- Malt: an ingredient that determines the colour, average alcoholic volume (ABV), and body of a beer. It only takes a few darker malt grains to make a rich coloured beer, which means these grains really pack a punch!
- Carbonation: CO2 helps to heighten a beer’s aromatics, affecting overall mouthfeel. When there is foam, there is carbonation. The foam and bubbles in an alcoholic beverage strengthen the level of notes carried to the nose when you smell it.
- Aromatics: the two most popular ways to smell the different “notes” of beer are the Bloodhound Technique, which involves giving three quick sniffs, and the simpler one long sniff beneath the nose.
- Yeast: when beer is fermented, yeast consumes the simple sugars to produce alcohol, CO2, and a variety of flavour and aroma compounds, as well as byproducts called esters.
- Hops: these dried cone like flowers from the hop plant are used to give beers their bitter flavour during the brewing process.
- Legs: in fermented drinks, ethanol is the main alcoholic substance that reduces the surface tension of water in a beer, leaving legs on the side of a glass. The more legs, the higher the alcoholic content.
Now that you’re a craft beer genius, let us help you get to GABS! We’re giving all new passengers $10 OFF their first GoCatch ride with code GABS2016.
If you’re reading this on a phone, download the GoCatch app from your app store now.
So get to Gabs with GoCatch this weekend and taste test all the alcoholic craft beverages like a pro! The designated GoCatch pick up and drop-off area is located right in front of the Bay 8 at the Australian Technology Park.
ABC RADIO NATIONAL – DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW | PUBLISHED: 6 MAR 2016 3PM
On this episode of ‘Download this Show‘, Marc Fennell is joined by Claire Reilly, news editor of CNet Australia and Peter Marks from Access Informatics to discuss the launch of GoCar and its ability to take on both Uber and the taxi industry.